NOTE: The submission process for the Amazon App Store is detailed in their easy-to-follow documentation.
- First, log into your developer account in the Amazon App Store dashboard or create an account if you don't already have one. Once you log in, you'll be brought to this page where you'll create a new Android App.
- Next, you'll be brought to this screen where you will enter general information about your app. Don't worry about finalizing this information, you'll still be able to edit this after you click Save.
- After you click Save, you'll be brought to this dashboard where you'll input the Availability & Pricing, Description, Images & Multimedia, Content Rating, and Binary File tabs before your app is submitted for review.
- Now it's time to upload your binary.
- On the Binary File(s) tab, you will have to click No when Amazon asks to sign your app. (NOTE: If you don't see this option in your Amazon Portal, you will need to contact Amazon customer support to ask them to enable 'Self Sign Status' for you. You can contact them using their 'Contact Us' form.)
- Upload your unsigned binary file to the Amazon Developer Portal.
- Download your protected binary using the Download Binary button.
- Now, in a new window, open the Skillz Developer Portal. Head to the Binaries tab of your game and upload the protected binary you just downloaded in step c. Click Save, then Publish your new binary (under the Store Ready column). (NOTE: Publishing this new binary will temporarily make your Amazon binary available on the Skillz gamer portal, but we'll change this back to the non-Amazon binary later.)
- Download your game's apk on the Skillz gamer portal by going to http://games.skillz.com/game/YourGameID on your computer (i.e. http://games.skillz.com/game/1410). This apk is your signed binary.
- Head back to your Amazon app submission, and upload your new signed binary file.
- Back on the Skillz Developer Portal, republish the original binary that you uploaded to Skillz, so that the non-Amazon binary is available on the Skillz gamer portal.
5. You can now move onto the last step of your Amazon app submission which is Release Notes. After inputting your release notes, you're ready to submit your app for review!