The chat rooms are a great way for members of the Skillz community to talk to each other, answer questions and get to know each other. They are currently in the process of being enabled and not available in all games but we are working to roll them out to more games as time goes on.
Below are the rules governing participation in chat. These rules are meant to give guidance when participating in our community and keep in mind that players who violate these rules may temporarily or even permanently lose their chat privileges.
- Profanity, obscenities, or the use of numbers, letters or symbols to disguise such words is not permitted.
- You may not use or upload obscene, lewd, slanderous, pornographic, abusive, violent, insulting, indecent, threatening and harassing language of any kind.
- Impersonating other players, Skillz employees, or game developers is not allowed.
- Do not share your personal information (your name, phone number, home address, and password) in chat. It is seen by many players and we are not responsible for any information you choose to share.
- Using the chatrooms to self-promote yourself, company, services or products is prohibited. This includes links to social media, YouTube, PayPal, CashApp or other similar websites or services.
- You may not attempt to participate by means of automatic, macro, programmed, or similar methods.
- Spamming/flooding the channel with the same message repeatedly or posting a series of illegible/gibberish is not permitted.
- You may not commit fraud, including but not limited to impersonating or deceiving another user for the purposes of illicitly obtaining cards, passwords, account information etc. (aka “scamming”).
- The posting of referral links or invite codes (Skillz or otherwise) is not allowed.
- Accusing a fellow player of abuse or cheating in chat is not allowed. If you believe someone needs to be investigated by Skillz, use the “Report Player” link on their in-game player profile to alert our Digital Referee team. We review all reports, but most are players who are not violating our Terms of Service and we will not create a situation where players feel unwelcome simply because they are skilled.
- If someone who is a moderator asks you to stop breaking the rules and you don't agree with what they're saying, open a support ticket to let us know. Deliberately disobeying, harassing, or fighting with the mods will result in temporary or even permanent loss of ability to use the chat rooms.
- Skillz reserves the right to change these rules at any time, without prior notice.