Skillz chat rooms provide a forum for members of the Skillz community to communicate, answer questions and get to know their fellow players. Chat is is not available in all games, but should be coming to additional Skillz games soon.
THE BELOW RULES GOVERN YOUR PARTICIPATING IN CHAT. PLAYERS WHO VIOLATE THESE RULES MAY TEMPORARILY OR PERMANENTLY LOSE CHAT PRIVILEGES, IN SKILLZ’S SOLE DISCRETION. DEPENDING ON THE SEVERITY OF AN OFFENSE, PLAYERS MAY BE PERMANENTLY REMOVED FROM THE SKILLZ PLATFORM ENTIRELY. SKILLZ RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY THESE RULES AT ANY TIME, AND YOUR CONTINUED USE OF CHAT CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO ABIDE BY THE RULES.
- Content posted in the chatrooms is seen by many players. Skillz cannot be responsible for any information or content shared by you.
- Personal information (whether your own, or that of another player) should not be shared in chat under any circumstances. This includes information such as your name, phone number, home address, location, financial information, credit card number, passwords or any other personally identifiable information. Neither Skillz staff nor the chat moderators will ever request this information in a public chatroom.
- In choosing your username, anonymity is a choice. Should you elect to share any identifying information such as your name within your username, Skillz cannot protect your privacy, and specifically disclaims responsibility for your privacy.
- Impersonating anyone else (including other players, chat moderators, Skillz employees, or game developers) is not permitted.
- Profanity, obscenities, or the use of numbers, letters or symbols to disguise such words is not permitted.
- Indecent, lewd, pornographic, slanderous, abusive, obscene, violent, insulting, threatening or harassing language or content, in Skillz’s sole discretion, may not be used or uploaded in any way.
- Advanced fonts, Java, tables, HTML, or other programming codes or commands are not allowed in messages.
- Spamming/flooding the channel with the same message repeatedly or posting a series of illegible comments/ gibberish is not permitted.
- Comments discussing suicide are strictly prohibited. This includes comments promoting and/or glorifying suicide or providing instructions on how to self-harm.
- Comments or activity that attempt to intimidate, degrade, abuse, or bully others, or creates a hostile environment for others, will be considered harassment and are prohibited.
- Comments that promote or encourage discrimination, harassment, or violence based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, medical condition, physical characteristics, or veteran status will be considered hate speech and result in loss of chat privileges.
- If someone sends you inappropriate information or content via a private message, please contact Support by tapping on the message and reporting the player, as the chat moderators do not have access to your private messages.
- Skillz reserves the right to review all private messages.
Posting of Referral Links/Codes Prohibited; No Promotion
- Posting of referral links or invite codes (Skillz or otherwise) is not permitted.
- Using the chatrooms for promotion is strictly prohibited. This includes self-promotion, promotions of any other company, services or products, or links to other websites, social media, YouTube, PayPal, CashApp or other similar websites or services, or any similar behaviors, in Skillz’s sole discretion.
Fraud and Fair Play Matters
- Use of bots or other automated technology in chat is not allowed.
- Fraud, including but not limited to impersonating or deceiving another user for the purposes of illicitly obtaining personal information, financial information, passwords, account information or otherwise, is prohibited.
- Accusations of abuse or cheating are not permitted in chat. If you believe someone needs to be investigated by Skillz, please use the “Report Player” link on their in-game player profile to alert our Digital Referee Team. We review all reports and take action only when a player violates our Terms of Service. We will not create a situation where players feel unwelcome simply because they are skilled or have won prizes in game.
- Chat moderators can be identified by the MOD badge on their account.
- If a moderator requests you stop violating the Skillz Chat Rules and you either do not understand or do not agree with the moderator, please contact Skillz Support by opening a support ticket.
- Deliberately disobeying, harassing or fighting with the moderators will result in temporary or permanent loss of ability to participate in chat.
- Please contact Skillz Support if you would prefer not to have access to Skillz chat rooms.
- All chat mutes and bans are binding until expiration or removal upon appeal to Skillz Support. Attempts to circumvent a mute or chat ban by using other accounts will not only increase the length of suspension, but may lead to a permanent loss of chat privileges or complete removal from the Skillz platform. You may appeal a loss of chat privileges by contacting Skillz Support.
- You must abide by all local, national and international laws while on the Skillz platform.