All games on the Skillz platform must be skill-based. Casino games and other luck-based game mechanics are not permitted. For the mutual benefit of all the game developers on our platform, please follow the guidelines below to ensure that your game is not mistaken for a game of chance.
Marketing and In-Game Copy:
- Avoid naming or describing your game as any sort of casino or chance-based game (e.g. Blackjack, Poker, Roulette, Bingo, etc.)
- Do not make references to betting, wagering, gambling, luck, chance, or guessing
- Please avoid using the phrases “real money” or “RMG”
- We recommend using “real world prizes”, “cash”, or “cash prizes” instead.
Marketing and In-Game Artwork / Audio:
- We recommend avoiding the following imagery:
- Betting with poker chips
- Casino environments (interior or exterior)
- Slot machine symbols (stylized sevens, bars, cherries, jackpot symbols, etc.)
- Casino games (slots, roulette, craps, keno, etc.)
- Cards, dice, and felt tabletops are okay if not presented in a gambling context
- Chance-based games (lottery, bingo, coin flips, scratchers, etc.)
- Las Vegas signs or landmarks
- Avoid use of slot machine sounds, ambient casino sound effects, or gambling-related voice overs