If you need help with Android, please see Enabling Console Debug Logs for Android.
During development, you may encounter issues with the Skillz UI. Fortunately, the Skillz iOS SDK has debug logging that you can view to help with troubleshooting. Follow the instructions below to enable logging.
If you're experiencing a crash, you can also try the instructions on Getting Crash Logs to get more information in the form of a crash-log.
- Make sure the Skillz UI is open on your device BEFORE starting a match
- Next open your device's Console. In Xcode click Window > Devices and Simulators. Select the device you wish to use on the left, then click "Open Console"
- We'll be opening Skillz's diagnostics screen. Press (volume) up, up, down, down, up, down, up, down on your device's volume rocker.
- The diagnostics screen should now be open. See the screenshot below.
- Press the "Enable Logging" button. (You may need to scroll the options down to see it).
- Press the "Okay" button to close the diagnostics screen.
- Go back to the Xcode device Console. This is where your logs will appear.
- Start a match.
- At this point, the "Console" pane should be displaying logging calls. Make sure the Search bar is clear or it will filter your results.
- Copy all the text that was output to the "Console" pane and send it to email@example.com for further analysis.
NOTE: The diagnostics screen should look similar to:
You may need to scroll through the options at the bottom of the window before you will see "Enable Logging"